Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

Yes, Valentine's Day is on February 16th now. Shut up, I'm late on blogging about it. Well, I wasn't really planning to, but here I go.

I remember when I used to be excited about this "holiday." Most of us were excited for it. Getting candy AND cool cards to read? What's not to like? Um, everything. We were feeding each other empty calories and those cards could have given us severe paper cuts. Severe. We were all just blinded before, but now we can see.

Besides all the evil we really wished upon each other when we were children, Valentine's Day is pretty fake. None of the St. Valentines that the holiday could be referring to have anything to do with romance. At least the Welsh's Dydd Santes Dwynwen celebrated on January 25th makes sense since St. Dwynwen is the patron saint of Welsh lovers.

If you had told me like 2 years ago I'm writing this because I'm bitter, you may have been correct. But after really having thought about it, it's pretty dumb. We should all just set an arbitrary date for love. Mine will be May 32nd.

I have no idea why I did this since I just finished playing Halo 3 not too long ago. I guess it's poisoning my mind. Go to sleep, everyone. I'm going to watch Hulk vs. Thor and Hulk vs. Wolverine now.

No comments:

Post a Comment